Ok so this is a bit of a controversial topic and depending on what you read you will get a variety of different opinions and answers. Well it’s the case with every topic right? Eat this, don’t eat that. Take this, don’t take that. Continue reading “HOW MUCH PROTEIN DO I NEED?”
FAB AB WORKOUT
This Ab burner is by the wonderful Kiera Underwood – check out her blog >> HERE!! I saw this one morning whilst scrolling through my instagram and thought “oh yeah that looks simple enough I might try that at the end of my next workout” but believe me IT”S A KILLER!! Continue reading “FAB AB WORKOUT”
2015 – LET’S DO THIS
Sorry to everyone for the LACK OF posting and commitment over the summer holidays. I was too busy soaking up the sun, spending time with my loved ones, eating amazing foods and having an absolute BALL back in my home city!!! BUT I’m back and have plenty of new and exciting things in store for you all.
Lucky for us, living in the beautiful country of Australia, means that our Christmas holidays are full of summer heat and beautiful coastlines. Many families escape to the coast for weeks of BBQ’s, beach walks, outdoor cricket, swimming, hammock time and other active living activities in the sun.
Yes I ate whatever I wanted. Yes I drank to excess (so not me). Yes I ate copious amounts of chocolate. Yes I nibbled all arvo long on cheese platters. Yes I REGRET NOTHING and yes I HAD THE BEST TIME!
The most important part about getting back from holidays, both mentally and physically is accepting the time off and then getting back into routine. But it’s not that simple. After having a month off your fitness levels will most likely have decreased (don’t worry this is easy to get back) and your body isn’t used to your normal training routine. You need to ease back into it. My first class back was a lovely ‘body balance’ mix of Yoga, Tai chi and Pilates, and let me tell you I was sore even after a few downward dogs and sun salutations.
DO’s and DONT’s FOR GETTING BACK INTO ROUTINE
- Do take it easy. Ease back into the gym and allow your body time to recover and rest
- Do drink lots of water. Aim for 2 Litres per day. Post on drinking water>> HERE
- Do stretch your muscles after a workout. This is just as important as the actual workout. Post on stretches >> HERE
- Do warm up and cool down where appropriate
- Do make friends with salad. It’s the perfect time of the year for yummy salads. Post on festive salads>> HERE
- Don’t over commit or set unrealistic challenges/goals
- Don’t make silly resolutions and cut out food groups or ban certain foods. Telling yourself you will NOT eat chocolate will only make you crave it more. Everything in moderation!!!
- Don’t think you will lose weight by eating less. Just eat right. Post on the ten foods you should be eating daily >> HERE
- Don’t feel guilty for what you may or may not have don’t over the holidays. They are supposed to be enjoyed and indulgent. Post on indulgent eating and cheat meals 20% of the time >> HERE
- Don’t compare yourselves to others. What might be your beginning might be someone else’s end.
Don’t worry if before Christmas you could do 10 push ups on your toes and now you can barely pump out 2. Good things take time – trust the process!