Friday again… I know I keep saying it but seriously WHERE ARE THE DAYS GOING? This feature Friday I have chosen the incredible Laura Henshaw. I am loving her blog, instagram and latest Ebook (with Steph Smith >> LINK HERE) lately and keep finding myself back on her page (creep)! Not only is her food incredibly delicious and nutritious but she has a wonderful well minded and balanced relationship with food and the health and fitness industry. Being a model she is constantly faced with pressures to be thinner and hotter each day but she maintains a balanced lifestyle with regular exercise, healthy wholesome foods and 7-8 hours sleep each night. Laura loves her on the go high protein snacks and has recently started a protein company of her own called Four Protein >> site HERE. Laura says “My favorite snack are these delicious little protein filled chocolaty balls. They are packed with protein, good fats (from the nuts) and taste amazing (tick all the boxes.) The best part is they are completely clean and although taste like chocolate have zero added sugar.” This recipe for Chocolate Covered Cacao Fudge Protein Balls made me drool and I think you should all try it out this weekend. Nothing like a little chocolaty goodness to get you in the mood for the weekend!!
CHOCOLATE COVERED CACAO FUDGE PROTEIN BALLS
1 cup of almonds*
1 cup of medjool dates
1/2 cup of chocolate protein powder**
2/3 cup of organic desiccated or flaked coconut
2 heaped tbs organic cacao powder
1 tbs coconut oil
Extra coconut or cacao powder to roll balls in
Chocolate coating (Optional)
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs cacao powder
1/2 tsp stevia***
1. Combine all ingredients (a part from extra coconut and cacao for rolling) for the protein balls in a food processor until combined.
2. Once combined roll into balls – I prefer mine quite small but you can make them whatever size you like.
3. Melt coconut oil and mix in cacao powder and stevia.
4. Roll balls in coconut, cacao or the chocolate mixture (this is only a good idea if they will be refrigerated at all times as the coconut oil will melt and can be quite messy)
5. Put balls rolled in chocolate mixture in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until mixture sets and then transfer to fridge. Balls not covered in the chocolate mixture can go straight into the fridge!
* If you are allergic to nuts you can replace the almonds with sunflower seeds/pepitas/linseed (a mix of all three is best)
** This is optional however I would recommend it adding it to increase the protein content. You could use almond meal or coconut flour instead
*** You can sweeten with your preferred sweetener- coconut sugar or honey also works.
Check out Laura’s website/blog >> HERE
One thought on “FEATURE FRIDAY – CHOCOLATE COVERED CACAO FUDGE PROTEIN BALLS”
yummm!!! these look amazing x