Ever just have those days where no matter WHAT you eat for dinner, you are still hungry and in particularly craving something sweet? Yes we have all been there, especially us lovely ladies with hormones, moods and cravings that just cannot be explained right. Well it is okay to snack on something to kill the cravings and keep you satisfied. Let’s be honest – if you tell yourself you ARE NOT allowed to eat anything after dinner you will spend the whole evening craving something and then most likely smash an entire block of chocolate or in my case a solid 6 cookies or bliss balls from the freezer!!
Here are my 5 top recommendations for after dinner nibbles and treats. These foods are high in protein so will kill the cravings without ridiculous sugar highs that will keep you tossing and turning and counting sheep all night. They are also easy to digest to that stomach of yours can rest too and you wont wake up feeling full or bloated. Sounds good to me.
TOP 5 AFTER DINNER NIBBLES – BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE JUST NEED SOME
1. 3 Medjool Dates filled peanut butter and almonds; Take the pips out of 3 medjool dates. Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into each date followed by 3 almonds. Perfect little high protein sweet treat packed with fiber to fight artificial sugar cravings.
2. Greek yoghurt, fruit and frozen blueberries; full of protein and antioxidants this is the perfect little combo to assist with some youthful beauty sleep.
3. Protein microwave mug cake; this is the perfect high protein snack when you are craving a large slice of CAKE! It only takes 3 minutes all up and is packed with highly nutritious wholesome ingredients, protein and fiber. Bananas are a wonderful pre sleep snack and won’t keep your digestive system awake either. >>RECIPE HERE
4. Avocado chocolate mousse; creamy and delicious you won’t believe it’s avocado and not packed with artificial crap. Full of essential healthy fats and protein this is a wonderful post dinner snack and is easy to digest. >> RECIPE HERE
5. Homemade banana date muffin; high in potassium, magnesium and fiber, bananas help to relax overstressed muscles. They also contain serotonin and melatonin which are the brains key calming hormones. >>RECIPE HERE
So next time you have a little sweet craving post dinner – don’t beat yourself up about it and instead of having artificial sweetened lollies or chocolate indulge in one of these high protein quick fixes and enjoy a good nights sleep!!