With Mother’s Day only a couple of days away it seems fitting that this weeks Feature Friday Recipe is Scones with Jam and Cream! YUM! The Merrymaker sisters have nailed this recipe and doesn’t it just look incredible! I will HAVE to make a batch this weekend and eat them. Unfortunately my mummy is on the other side of the country, and my partners mum is on the other side of the world at the moment so we will just have to eat the whole batch ourselves! So it’s a good thing these delish scones are 100% sugar free and HEALTHY – with hidden vegetables too! bonus!
PUMPKIN COCONUT SCONES WITH BERRY JAM AND COCONUT CREAM
Serves 10 – 50 minutes – GF SF DF* Paleo
2 cups almond meal
3/4 cup coconut milk (plus a little extra)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cooked pumpkin puree
1/4 cup (50g) butter cubed
pinch of salt
1 cup fresh or defrosted strawberries
2 tbs. chia seeds
1 tbs. water
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. honey or maple syrup
1 tin full fat coconut cream (preferably cold and refrigerated)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix the almond meal, coconut flour and salt together.
- Add the butter and rub into the dry mix with fingertips.
- Stir through the coconut milk and pumpkin puree until a dough forms.
- Portion the dough in to small balls (about 1/4 or 1/3 cup size) place on to the baking tray and flatten slightly. This should make about 10 scones.
- With a pastry brush, brush a little extra coconut milk on top of each scone.
- Place in to the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
For the jam and cream
- In a blender whiz all the jam ingredients.
- Place in to a saucepan on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The jam should become nice and thick, take off heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place into a jar, bowl, or container and in to the fridge until ready to eat!
- Whisk or blend the coconut cream until thick. Dollop on top of scone!
For more recipes like this – head to the Merrymaker sisters blog >> HERE
Have a lovely mothers day weekend all
One thought on “FEATURE FRIDAY – PUMPKIN COCONUT SCONES”